Mixed Media Artist

About Me

San Leandro, California
I am a mostly retired Nurse who works enough to pay for a studio and art supplies. I have been making art all my life, with no formal degree-type training, beginning with sewing at an early age. I discovered the JOY of quilting when I realized how much I liked breaking rules and telling stories. Workshops in surface design and art quilting, mentoring and encouragement from quilt artists, discovering the magic of assemblage with found objects, has landed me right in the middle of a mixed media world of art. I have been making my art and keeping it mostly to myself, giving it away only when I felt it was safe to do so. Finally, I was convinced that in order to grow artistically, I had to open up my art world for others to see, to like or not, but to see. Please take a look. Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Dec 31, 2012

December Challenge Tiger Lily


I looked at lots of pictures of Tiger Lilys , even the pathetic ones in my garden, and was amazed at all of the colors one lily might have. Orange, red, gold, pink, purple, black... I bought a felting machine at a flea market and decided to try it out on this challenge. Didn't realize that two of the felting needles were broke and I didn't know how to replace them or where to get them. But it was fun to experiment with the machine, limping along, and I used some beautiful roving that had all the colors I was looking for.


I
Unfortuately, the ATCs did not photograph well and don't show the green "leaves" running through the background or capture the subtle colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment