Mixed Media Artist

About Me

San Leandro, California
I am a mostly retired Nurse who works enough to pay for a studio and art supplies. I have been making art all my life, with no formal degree-type training, beginning with sewing at an early age. I discovered the JOY of quilting when I realized how much I liked breaking rules and telling stories. Workshops in surface design and art quilting, mentoring and encouragement from quilt artists, discovering the magic of assemblage with found objects, has landed me right in the middle of a mixed media world of art. I have been making my art and keeping it mostly to myself, giving it away only when I felt it was safe to do so. Finally, I was convinced that in order to grow artistically, I had to open up my art world for others to see, to like or not, but to see. Please take a look. Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Jun 10, 2012

Birthday Gift

My dearest friend Renee presented me with the best birthday gift I've ever gotten. She creates small and wonderful story art out of felt and various embellishments. I was presented with a piece that shows Terry, Buster dog and myself  traveling down a yellow brick road in our old RV.  Except for the color, the RV is exactly like our '87 Sea Breeze, and as you can see in the detail, our Buster dog is laying in his favorite place looking out the window. The beads spell out "Happy trails to you,  until we meet again". Renee will search for months for just the right do-dad to embellish her art with and has an amazing talent for detail. I have watched her work on other art stories and have been touched by them all. And now, I have my very own!


Happy Trails 
9"x8"


Thank you Renee!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Carol! I had no idea that you are an RV-er too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just said goodbye to our Sea Breeze and bought a 2000 Minnie Winnie. Such luxury! Our trial trip went well and we felt very proud to be keeping up with the rest of the traffic! What do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, what a lovely review. My first. Thank you for your wonderful encouragement over the years, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment