Mixed Media Artist

About Me

San Leandro, California
I am a mostly retired Nurse who works enough to pay for a studio and art supplies. I have been making art all my life, with no formal degree-type training, beginning with sewing at an early age. I discovered the JOY of quilting when I realized how much I liked breaking rules and telling stories. Workshops in surface design and art quilting, mentoring and encouragement from quilt artists, discovering the magic of assemblage with found objects, has landed me right in the middle of a mixed media world of art. I have been making my art and keeping it mostly to myself, giving it away only when I felt it was safe to do so. Finally, I was convinced that in order to grow artistically, I had to open up my art world for others to see, to like or not, but to see. Please take a look. Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Jan 8, 2012

TWO

ART'S IN THE CARDS celebrates two years so the theme for January is "Two". I've not been part of the ATC group for two years
but I have enjoyed every month I have participated.
This card is kind of simple: painted wash for background and
stamps in foreground. Being an artist can be isolating. Working together on an art project we become a group of friends that share ideas, techniques, inspirations and challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment